Thursday, January 7, 2021

Art is Everywhere, Even in the World of Pokemon!

Gotta Paint 'em All!

Primarily, I'm an Artist. That doesn't mean that I don't thoroughly enjoy other things in life, such as one of my favorite past times- video games! One of my most cherished franchises is that of Pokemon. No introduction is needed to what Pokemon is, and for those who don't 'get it', go give it a shot yourself. Or don't, not my business. What I am here out of my (Artist) duty, is to share what elates me each time I stumble upon it. That is, finding Art in the world of Pokemon (or any video game for that matter). It's like an inception of sorts, art within a masterpiece. Gotta love it. Pokemon to me, is another word for variety, choice of colour, the beauty of difference and of being unique, even when you may feel outcast. You're not, and that's what Pokemon has taught me. There is a home for everyone, to belong and to feel welcomed. 

The Historic Town of Stow-On-Side

"A vibrant town that has grown up around an ancient mural tucked away in the mountains." That's the description the town sign reads upon entrance. Gets you excited to explore, as Art should! What's intriguing about this in-game mural (aside from its beautiful charm and style), is the secret it bears. For those that have played the game (spoiler alert!), it serves as the gate for the Land's ancient defenders, Zacian and Zamazanta. They were two knights who represented the sword and the shield, the tools used to defend their kingdom. Their names are also a play on the colors "cyan" and "magenta". Their colors do match, in accordance. Simply put, it's a breathtaking tale in which inspired me enough to write a blog post about it.

Another Nod to Artists in Pokemon: Smeargle




No comments:

Post a Comment