Thursday, January 21, 2021

Dragonball Commission

 
Rock the Dragon!
The inner child in me always smiles widely when I receive a paid commission to create something from my nostalgic past! Whether it be Dragonball, Pokemon, Super Mario, you name it!
 
Well, I happen to have one particular client named Diego whom has been a happy patron throughout these past few years. It started with Pokemon! Then, once he found out I can paint anything, he would ask me for Dragonball-inspired pieces. How could I refuse? These were all so fun to make, and knowing that this is my profession makes it all the more sweet! It truly humbles me and I appreciate that people still love the simpler things in life, like cartoons from our upbringing!
 
Diego and the rest of the world, please by all means, 
Keep the requests comin' ! I'm more than happy to fulfill all of your custom dreams upon canvas!
 

 
 
Inner Conflict Resolved
For the longest time growing up, I had this thought that in order to be "taken seriously" as an Artist, that painting cartoons and such would not be the way. Boy, what a bald-headed lie! It is without a doubt true (thankfully) that it only matters you love what you do. That Love, will add a certain "magic" to whatever your creation may be. It gives you more inspiration to keep going and makes the next masterpiece even better, now that it's fueled! I suppose I certainly have (or had) the remnant "advice" in me from long ago that I should "stick to one flavor" of Art. I never understood why, if you're good at it all and can present yourself properly. Sometimes when you deal with limited people, you get a limited result or observation. It's best not to listen to these types of people, as they will hinder what you in fact, can do!
 
 
 
 
If I had all Seven Dragonballs
Within the story of Dragonball, it is said that those who collect all seven Dragonballs scattered throughout the world will be granted one wish from the Eternal Dragon, Shenron! I had the same wish long ago, and it remains the same today: To be with my loves ones throughout all of Time and Existence. In some form or another, but always together. There is nothing at the core, more precious to me than the ones I love and that love me. They are my ultimate treasure.


What Would You Wish For?

 
 
 
 
 
This Painting is one of my Dreams Come True
You know, in a way this painting is another ounce of a dream come true, added to the ocean of fulfillment. Every drawing I ever drew, every painting I ever struggled with, every moment I ever looked forward to or doubted, it has been to lead me to the next level... and the next level... and the next level, until one day I arrive at a certain level. I strongly feel that time is approaching the more effort I put in. That excites me but oddly scares me in some way. Maybe it could be, I don't want to get to the end..?

The Making of this Painting (see video) -> Also, Follow Ramon Trif on Instagram: @ramontrif

No comments:

Post a Comment